Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Week Of Thanks Giving!

A sweet friend of mine has inspired me to look at all I am grateful for big and small! So with this week being home and enjoying time with my family and looking at all my many blessings I want to take this opportunity to share with my friends and family not only about my thanksgiving break but also share the many thing things I am grateful for in my life!

To Start off I am thankful for the opportunity I have to attend the Lords University and to learn and gain and education to use in this life and the next. I love my roommates and the great friendships that have blossomed from living together! I am so grateful for breaks from school to go home and visit and be with family...
...I am thankful for friends to travel with and for cars and planes that get me to where I want to go......Places like home and Super Target which are basically one in the same! I am thankful for Target that it provides all the shopping a girl could dream to do in one stop!......I am thankful for the Church in my life for it brings me many blessings...
...Blessings of friendship......Blessings of sweet babies and children! I am thankful for the love I have for babies and children and my desire to be a Mother and care for my own someday...
...Thankful for chatting and catching up with good friends...
...Grateful for a full head of hair :)......Thankful to have loving parents who would do anything for me and who love me unconditionally......Grateful for Family Home Evening and all the fun times that it involves(like seeing New Moon)......I am thankful for my standards that help me dress modestly and to treat my body like the temple it is......I am blessed to have a niece who I love with all my heart......I am thankful for the times in my life when everything is going great, I have a smile on my face and feel like I am costing down hill......I am also thankful for the uphill times in life and the support I get when I am struggling and the pushing of my guardian angels at my back... ...I am Grateful for sisters who you can go to and talk to anytime without question......who are friends forever, for always and for all eternity......I am thankful for the arts that allow me to express myself and that also brings beauty into my life through pictures, paintings, pottery and much more......I am thankful for birthdays and the opportunity I have to live on the earth today in the last days...
...I am thankful for passion, passion in all the things we do in this life to have the enthusiasm to jump up and run around because we are happy, excited and have a fire in our hearts......I am thankful for the men in my sisters lives who are the amazing brothers I didn't have growing up......I am thankful for the food that I have to eat at each meal that it nourishes and strengthens my body and keeps me healthy......I am very grateful for the dessert in my life because really dessert makes everything better......I am thankful for the light when I can not see......I am Grateful for the love that brings people together......I am thankful for good books and movies that I spend a lot of my time reading and watching......I am most certainly grateful for the hard working men in my life who hold the priesthood and that I know I can depend on and go to always for any of my needs and for blessings I desire......I am thankful for traditions: special places we go to, foods we eat at certain times of the year and activities we do......I am thankful for good entertainment......I am very grateful that the Nuggets won because I am a big home team girl and I support them all the way......I am thankful for the kids in my life that keep me young......I am grateful for babies smile because their smiles are the purest smile there is! A smile of pure delight and happiness......But most of all I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father and My Savior Jesus Christ...
Without them I wouldn't have any of the other things in my life that I am thankful for. They give me all that I have and all my thanks must go to them. I am so thankful for the Church on the earth today that I know the truth of all things and that I will have eternal and everlasting life with my family. I am grateful to have a prophet on the earth today that gives me modern day revelation that I may know for right now the things the lord would have me do so that I can return to live with him someday. This semester at school I have been learning about my Savior and knowing he is always with me. The scripture that has been and inspiration to me is Isaiah 49:15-16 "15. Can a women forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yeah, they may forget, yet will i not forget thee. 16. behold, i have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." These scriptures have been a truly inspiring to me. When I read them I know that my God will not forget me! For the past few years I have had the painting below by Greg Olsen in my room. I feel this picture and these scriptures go very well together as the little girl looks at her Lords hands and sees the prints upon his hands...as I look at my Saviors hand!!! I love my Lord with all my heart and soul and I am so thankful for him in my life...below are the words written for the painting. So beautiful!" 'What's this on your hand?' Such an innocent and concerned inquiry from a little child surely would bring forth a tender answer from the Savior. He might reply, 'That's a reminder of just how much I love you."

I love my Savior deeply and I wait for the day when I can truly feel and understand his love for me! I wish all my friends and family a happy holiday season and I pray you all look and see the many blessings in your life and give thanks for it all!

3 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you! Miss you already :(
    Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for you! See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can a mother say but, "i love you". It's amazing we all have that light in us; sometimes it's bright while other times it's dim, keep yours glowing bright forever!

    ReplyDelete